Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
A tricolour salad with tomato, mozzarella and lettuce.
- 1/3 small red onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), sliced
- one-fourth a 140g bag of mixed salad leaves
- half a value mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.14
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 210
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.2
- Print Recipe
- Lay the tomato slices flat on a plate and sprinkle evenly with the sugar and 1 tsp vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to allow the flavours to develop.
- To make the dressing, mix together the oil, vinegar and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the salad leaves, tomato, red onion and mozzarella, and then toss together with the dressing.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)