Goat's Cheese & Grilled Vegetable Salad
A fresh and tasty salad of grilled lower-calorie vegetables tossed with rocket leaves.
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper (155g), thinly sliced
- 1 small aubergine, cut into 1/2 cm slices
- 1 small courgette (approx 165g), cut into 1/2 cm slices
- 70g of wild rocket leaves
- 100g of soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.72
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 606
- 5-a-day per serving: 4.1
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the red and yellow peppers, aubergine and courgette on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning once, or until the pepper is beginning to char and the aubergine and courgette are tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, mix 2 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar and mixed herbs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss the rocket leaves with the grilled vegetables and dressing. Top with the crumbled goat's cheese and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)