This recipe features in these meal plans: Quick & Easy.
Pasta shapes in a spicy tomato sauce.
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 90g of value pasta shapes
- 1/4 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp mild chilli powder
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.78
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 487
- 5-a-day per serving: 2
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and mixed herbs. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, toss the cooked pasta with the sauce and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese.
All'arrabbiata means 'angry style' in Italian. Taste the sauce before serving and add extra chilli powder to get it as 'angry' as you like it.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)