Bacon & Avocado Salad
Bacon, egg and avocado served on little gem lettuce with a lemon and garlic mayonnaise.
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.06
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 348
- 5-a-day per serving: 3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Cook the egg in boiling water. Drain and run the egg under cold water until it is cool. Shell the egg and cut it into pieces.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 6-8 minutes, or until crisp. Dice and set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic together.
- Arrange the little gem on a plate, top with the egg, avocado and bacon and spoon over the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare the avocado at the last minute and rub a little lemon juice over the cut pieces to stop discolouration. If taking this as a packed lunch, store the dressing in a separate container and add it to the salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)