Zesty Vegetable Stir-fry
Stir-fried red pepper, carrot, broccoli, courgette and egg noodles in an orange and ginger sauce.
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), thickly sliced
- 2 medium carrots (approx 125g each), cut into thin batons
- 1 medium courgette (approx 240g), cut into thin batons
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), sliced
- 1 medium head of broccoli (approx 300g), cut into florets
- 300g of medium dried egg noodles
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.01
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 445
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- To make the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, orange juice, ginger and garlic.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the carrot, courgette, broccoli and red pepper and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the sauce and cooked noodles to the pan and cook until piping hot. Serve immediately with extra soy sauce to taste.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)