Grilled Chicken Salad
A warm salad of grilled chicken, basil, wild rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes and new potatoes.
- 3 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 1/2 cm strips
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- half of a 28g pack of fresh basil, leaves stripped from the stalk and torn
- 70g of wild rocket leaves
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.32
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 209
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.2
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Drizzle the chicken with 1 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, prepare a vinaigrette - mix the vinegar and 2 tbsp oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss the vinaigrette with the rocket, new potatoes, cherry tomatoes and basil. Divide the salad between plates, top with the grilled chicken and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)