This recipe works in combination with: Pork with Apple & Potato Hash.
Delicious pieces of pork in a mildly spiced creamy sauce and served with rice.
- 1/2 small onion (approx 110g each), finely chopped
- 3 closed cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 thick cut pork loin steak, thickly sliced
- 75ml of double cream
- 50g of value long grain rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 50ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp plain white flour
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.31
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 877
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.2
- Print Recipe
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and pork for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion and garlic are soft. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the tomato puree, chilli powder and flour and mix thoroughly. Slowly add in the stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps forming. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the stock fully reduces and the pork is cooked.
- Remove the stroganoff from the heat, mix in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the pork stroganoff over the cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)