Thai Green Chicken Curry
Green Thai curry with chicken, coconut milk and aubergine served over rice.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 1/2 medium onion (approx 185g each), chopped
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 120g of long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £2.76
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 821
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.4
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the curry paste, adjusting the quantity according to the packet recommendations, and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and aubergine and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in the coconut milk and stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, simply spoon the Thai green chicken curry over the cooked rice.
Note: Check the instructions on the curry paste jar and adjust the amount accordingly as the intensity of the paste varies among different brands.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)