Breaded Chicken Pieces with Garlic-yogurt Dip
Home-made chicken nuggets with green beans, carrots and a garlic-yogurt dip.
- 150g of natural yogurt
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 large carrots (approx 185g each), thickly sliced
- 200g of fine trimmed green beans
- 1 free range medium egg, beaten
- 200g of breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp plain white flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £2.58
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 566
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.8
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Mix together the breadcrumbs and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken chunks with the flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg until thoroughly coated and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, to make the garlic dip, mix together the lemon juice, garlic, mayonnaise and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the carrots and green beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the breaded chicken nuggets with the green beans, carrots and garlic dip.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)