Tuna & Potato Layer
Layered potato slices, sweetcorn and tuna with a creamy white sauce, courtesy of the Potato Council.
- 500g of medium new potatoes, sliced
- 370g of tinned tuna chunks
- 198g of tinned sweetcorn
- 140g of mixed salad leaves
- 25g of white sauce mix
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 300ml of milk
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.99
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 401
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.1
- Print Recipe
- Place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce with the milk according to pack instructions. Stir in the tuna, sweetcorn and parsley and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until piping hot.
- Place half the potatoes on the base of a heatproof serving dish. Pour over the tuna mixture. Place the remaining potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a pre-heated grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing, mix together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the potato layer is cooked, toss the salad leaves with the dressing. Divide the tuna and potato layer into four portions and serve with the salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)