Ham & Cheese Soufflé Omelette
This recipe features in these meal plans: Quick Dinners.
A light and fluffy soufflé-style ham and cheese omelette accompanied by a simple tomato salad.
- 2 medium slices of deli counter ham, cut into strips
- 50g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium tomato (approx 100g), sliced
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £2.25
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 699
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Carefully separate the egg yolks and whites into 2 bowls. Beat the egg yolks with the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, and then carefully fold into the yolks.
- Heat the margarine/butter in a large frying pan and cook the egg mix for 2 minutes. Evenly scatter on the cheddar cheese and ham and grill for 4 minutes, or until the egg is cooked.
- Meanwhile, to make the salad dressing mix the oil and lemon juice together. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the tomato.
- Serve the soufflé omelette immediately with the dressed tomato salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)