This recipe features in these meal plans: Veggie Sunshine.
A Spanish-style paella with red pepper, mushrooms and peas.
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 40g of long grain rice
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Price per person: £1.39
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 268
- 5-a-day per serving: 3.2
- Print Recipe
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the pepper for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, if necessary, and cook the mushrooms and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the rice, paprika and the stock. Simmer for 15 minutes, topping up with extra stock if necessary.
- Add the cooked peppers, peas and lemon juice to the rice and cook for 5 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)