Peppered Steak Stir-fry
A quick and easy to prepare stir-fry with succulent marinated steak strips and green pepper.
- 100g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper (140g), thinly sliced
- 60g of basmati rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 x small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.50
- Store cupboard: Cook's
- Calories per serving: 509
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.4
- Print Recipe
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, black pepper and steak in a bowl.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the steak strips with the remaining marinade and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the green pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Mix 1 tbsp water with the cornflour and stir into the peppered beef to thicken the sauce.
- To serve, simply spoon the peppered steak over the cooked rice.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)