Sweet Chilli Chicken Kebabs
Chicken, pepper and onion skewers with a sweet chilli marinade. Served with rice and a garlic yogurt dip.
- 5 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 value skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 60g of value long grain rice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- wooden or metal skewers
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.43
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 690
- 5-a-day per serving: 2
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. To make the dip, simply mix the garlic and yogurt in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Make the sweet chilli marinade by mixing the lemon juice, tomato puree, chilli powder and sugar.
- Thread the chicken, pepper and onion onto the skewers, alternating the ingredients. Place in a deep baking tray, season with salt and pepper and spoon on and rub in the sweet chilli paste.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, grill the kebabs for 15 minutes, turning frequently, or until the chicken is cooked and the edges of the pepper and onion becomes lightly charred.
- Place the kebabs over the cooked rice and serve with the garlic yogurt dip.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water before use to stop them from burning. Remember to always keep an eye on them while grilling. If you do not have skewers, these kebabs can be made loose in a deep baking tray.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)