Pancetta, Mushroom & Thyme Tagliatelle
This recipe features in these meal plans: Autumn Specials.
Tagliatelle tossed with a creamy pancetta and mushroom sauce.
- 150ml of double cream
- 200g of cubed pancetta
- 125g of large seasonal mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 180g of tagliatelle pasta
- 15g of dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 medium shallots (approx 60g each), finely chopped
- 50g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £3.22
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 1386
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.5
- Print Recipe
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the mushrooms from the soaking liquid, then coarsely chop and set aside. Reserve 50ml of the soaking liquid for the sauce.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the pancetta for 3-4 minutes, or until crispy. Add the shallot, mushrooms, garlic and thyme and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the cream, reserved soaking liquid and porcini mushrooms and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the sauce develops a thicker consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions to be ready at the same time as the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the mushroom sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the grated Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)