Crispy Parmesan Chicken & Garlic Green Beans
Strips of chicken coated in a crunchy Parmesan crust served with a lemon-mayo dip, green beans and new potatoes.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 4 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered
- 120g of fine trimmed green beans
- 75g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 75g of breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 free range medium egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp plain white flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £3.58
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 1135
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.8
- Print Recipe
- Mix together the Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken strips with the flour and shake off any excess. Dip the chicken in the beaten egg until thoroughly coated and then coat in the cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- To make the lemon-mayo dip, mix together 1 tsp lemon juice with the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the new potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, season with salt and pepper and toss with 1 tbsp margarine/butter. In a separate pan, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Heat 1 tbsp margarine/butter over a low heat in a frying pan and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the green beans and 2 tsp lemon juice and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the crispy Parmesan chicken with the garlic green beans, buttered new potatoes and lemon-mayo dip.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)