Sizzling Fajita Steak
Sizzling strips of beef, pepper and onion in a spicy marinade and served on a bed of rice.
- 125g rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- 60g of long grain rice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of crushed chillies
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.45
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 540
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- Mix the lemon juice, tomato puree, chilli powder, crushed chillies and vinegar in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat the steak strips in the marinade and leave to absorb the flavour.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the steak strips with the remaining marinade and fry for 2 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook over a high heat for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the beef is cooked and sizzling hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, simply spoon the steak mix over the cooked rice.
Marinade the beef for 1 hour before cooking to allow it to absorbs all the flavours.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)