Easy Spaghetti Bolognese
An easy-to-make version of this famous Italian dish.
- 125g of minced beef
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 200g of value tinned chopped tomatoes
- 90g of spaghetti
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 40ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £1.37
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 774
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.1
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir in the mushrooms and minced beef and fry for 5 minutes, or until the beef is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and dried mixed herbs. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add a little water if the bolognese sauce becomes dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- To serve, season the bolognese sauce and spoon over the cooked spaghetti. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)