Bacon, Mushroom & Pesto Penne
A savoury penne pasta dish with streaky bacon, pesto and mushrooms.
- 250g of smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 6 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- 360g of penne pasta quills
- 60g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £0.99
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 814
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.5
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy. Add the garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the pesto and cooked bacon and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, season with black pepper and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)