A 'leggero' (light) ragu, using lower-fat turkey mince instead of beef. Served with conchiglie pasta shells.
- 250g of turkey mince
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), finely chopped
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 130g of conchiglie pasta shells
- 30g of Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 300ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £1.23
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 644
- 5-a-day per serving: 1
- Print Recipe
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the oregano and fry for 1 minute. Add the turkey mince and fry for a further 5 minutes, or until browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 300ml chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes, or until the sauce develops to a thicker consistency. Add a little water if it becomes too dry.
- While the ragu simmers, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Season the ragu to taste with salt and pepper and toss together with the pasta. Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)