This recipe features in these meal plans: Winter Warmers 4.
Creamy layers of potato and ham and onion, topped with cheese and baked in the oven until golden and bubbling.
- 3 slices of ham (approx 55g each), chopped
- 300ml of double cream
- 4 small baking potatoes (approx 250g each), peeled and sliced
- 200g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), finely chopped
- 200g of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.61
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 996
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.6
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Parboil the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes, or until almost cooked.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Arrange half the potato in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon on the onion mix and ham then cover with the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the cream over the top of the tartiflette and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas according to the packet instructions to be ready at the same time as the tartiflette.
- Serve the tartiflette immediately with peas.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)