King Prawn Paella
A classic Spanish one-pot dish with king prawns, peas, red pepper and rice.
- 1 medium red pepper (155g), sliced
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), chopped
- 200g of cooked and peeled king prawns
- 120g of long grain rice
- 60g of frozen peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400ml chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 11/2 tsp lemon juice
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Price per person: £2.44
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 418
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the paprika and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the stock and rice, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the rice is cooked. Add a little extra water if necessary.
- Add the peas, lemon juice and king prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)