Chorizo & Butter Bean Stew
This recipe features in these meal plans: Frugal Favourites 3.
A delicious chorizo, tomato and butter bean stew.
- 215g of tinned butter beans, drained
- 50g of chorizo, diced
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g), finely chopped
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £1.20
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 501
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.9
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the chorizo for 1-2 minutes, then remove and set aside. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in the chilli powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato, tomato puree, butter beans and mixed herbs. Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the stew develops a thicker consistency. Top up with a little extra stock, if required. Return the chorizo to the saucepan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)