A delicious and easy stew with pork, chorizo and butter beans.
- 215g of tinned butter beans, drained
- 1 large tomato (approx 115g), finely chopped
- 50g of chorizo, diced
- 1/4 medium red onion (approx 185g each), coarsely chopped
- 1 pork chop, bone removed and diced
- 1 tsp plain white flour
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml chicken stock, prepared according to the packet instructions
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.61
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 1209
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.7
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Add the pork to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, until the meat has started to brown.
- Stir in the flour and add the chorizo, tomato, butter beans, sugar and mixed herbs. Pour on the stock and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a little extra water if it becomes too dry. Serve immediately.
You are unlikely to need to add salt to this dish as the stock and chorizo are naturally salty. Taste the cooked cassoulet prior to serving and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)