Sausage & Vegetable Roast
An easy sausage and vegetable roast dinner with new potatoes, sweet potato and red onion served with peas and gravy.
- 4 value sausages
- 1 large sweet potato (approx 400g), peeled and diced
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), diced
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 100g of frozen peas
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp white caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 150ml gravy, made according to packet instructions
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £0.87
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 697
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.8
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the oven. Place the sweet potato, new potatoes, red onion and garlic in a roasting tray.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, mixed herbs, sugar and 2 tbsp water. Spoon the mixture over the top of the vegetables and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausages and roast for 20 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the vegetables are tender and crispy.
- Meanwhile, cook the peas according to the packet instructions and prepare the gravy.
- Serve the roasted sausages and vegetables together with the peas and gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)