Chicken Pasta Salad with Salsa Rosa
A delicious pasta salad with chicken, rocket and a home-made salsa rosa.
- 10g of wild rocket leaves
- 110g of sliced cooked chicken, diced
- 1 red pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- 1 medium tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g of value pasta shapes
- 11/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Serves: 1
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Oven temp: 220c
- Price per person: £1.99
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 371
- 5-a-day per serving: 2.8
- Print Recipe
- Place the pepper on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- To make the salsa rosa, carefully peel the skin from the pepper and discard. Finely chop the flesh and transfer to a bowl with the vinegar, garlic, fresh tomato, tomato puree, mixed herbs and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Toss the salsa rosa together with the chicken, pasta and rocket, making sure everything is coated well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
If taking this as a packed lunch, store the rocket in a separate container and add it to the pasta salad right before you eat.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)