Smoked Salmon Penne
Penne pasta tossed with smoked salmon, green beans and creme fraiche.
- 100g of smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 80g of fine trimmed green beans, cut in half
- 1 small leek (approx 210g), sliced
- 1/2 medium lemon (half cut into two wedges, half juiced)
- 150ml of creme fraiche
- 150g of penne pasta quills
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.47
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 778
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.9
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the leek and garlic for 5-6 minutes, or until the leek is soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the pasta (reserving 4 tbsp of water) and toss with the smoked salmon, green beans, leek mixture, lemon juice and creme fraiche. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately with the lemon wedges.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)