Asparagus & Pea Frittata
This recipe works in combination with: Goat's Cheese & Grilled Red Pepper Pasta.
Italian-style omelette made with asparagus, peas and goat's cheese with a rocket salad.
- 100g of asparagus tips, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), halved and thinly sliced
- half a 70g bag of rocket leaves
- 50g of soft goat's cheese
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 80g of frozen peas
- 90ml of milk
- 11/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp margarine/butter
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.23
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 337
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.3
- Print Recipe
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes, or until tender. Cook the asparagus and peas in lightly salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and goat's cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil and the margarine/butter in a frying pan and add the potatoes, asparagus and peas. Pour in the beaten eggs, making sure the vegetables are covered. Stir the egg mixture to break it up a little as it begins to cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, or until the edge of the frittata begins to set.
- Place the frittata pan under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the top is golden.
- Meanwhile to prepare the salad, mix together the vinegar and 1 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss with the rocket leaves.
- Serve the frittata immediately with the dressed rocket salad.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)