Jersey Royal Tortilla with Smoked Salmon
A delicious Spanish-style tortilla with Jersey Royal potatoes and smoked salmon, onion and peas. Served with a side salad.
- 200g of seasonal new potatoes (like Jersey Royals)
- 30g of cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g of smoked salmon, torn into strips
- 40g of frozen peas
- 2 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 1 medium shallot (approx 60g), chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- Serves: 1
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Price per person: £3.10
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 741
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.3
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat. Cook the new potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside. Once cool enough to handle, cut them into thick slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the potatoes and shallot for 5 to 6 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg and milk together, stir in the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan and scatter the salmon strips and peas over the surface. Cook gently, for 3-4 minutes without stirring, until the base is set.
- Transfer the tortilla pan to the grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the tortilla is fully cooked and the top is golden brown.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)