Chicken & Rice Salad with Chilli Mayonnaise
Grilled chicken in a rice salad with tomatoes and rocket tossed together with a low-calorie chilli mayonnaise.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 medium tomatoes (approx 100g each), chopped
- 70g of wild rocket leaves
- 80g of long grain rice
- 30g of light mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed chillies
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Price per person: £2.74
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 490
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.7
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts between two sheets of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin until about 1cm thick. Remove the cling film, brush with the olive oil, and then grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- While the rice and chicken are cooking, prepare the chilli mayonnaise. Mix the chilli powder, crushed chilli, mayonnaise and half the lemon juice together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Continue to keep an eye on the chicken in the grill, to avoid overcooking.
- When the chicken is cooked, cut it into strips, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining lemon juice.
- Toss the boiled rice, tomatoes, rocket leaves and chicken with the chilli mayonnaise and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)