Bacon, Tomato & Basil Pasta
A simple Italian-style pasta dish with bacon, cherry tomato and basil.
- 50g of value smoked back bacon, chopped
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- half of a 28g pack of fresh basil, leaves stripped from the stalk and torn
- 1/3 large onion (approx 210g each), thinly sliced
- 100g of value pasta shapes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp grated Parmesan
- Serves: 2
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £0.81
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 267
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.2
- Print Recipe
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon and onion for 5 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and the onion is soft. Add the cherry tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to soften and break down.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the cooked bacon, onion, tomatoes and torn basil leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with the Parmesan.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)