New Potato Salad
A new potato, cherry tomato, boiled egg and mixed leaf salad tossed with a mustard-mayo dressing.
- 300g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 medium new potatoes (approx 70g each), quartered lenghtways
- three-quarters of a 140g bag of mixed salad leaves
- 4 medium eggs, washed under cold water
- 60ml of mayonnaise (4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp English mustard
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Price per person: £1.25
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 273
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.3
- Print Recipe
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and eggs and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the eggs are cooked. Drain well and run under cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile to make the salad dressing, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and then toss together with the salad leaves, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Peel and quarter the eggs lengthways and arrange on the salad. Season with a little black pepper and serve.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)