Bangers & Hash
This recipe features in these meal plans: Classics with a Twist.
Sausage and mash with a twist - featuring tasty fried potato and apples cakes instead of mash.
- 2 eating apples, peeled and grated
- 2 medium baking potatoes (approx 320g each), peeled and grated
- 8 pork sausages
- 200g of fine trimmed green beans
- 2 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml hot gravy, made up from granules
- 3 tsp dried thyme
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £1.24
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 767
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.1
- Print Recipe
- To make the potato cakes, squeeze the grated potatoes to get rid of any excess liquid. Mix together the potato, apple, egg, flour and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Cook the sausages for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the potato cakes over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- Cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve the grilled sausages with the potato and apples cakes and hot gravy.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)