Steak & Gruyere Ciabatta
Steak and fried onions topped with Gruyere cheese in ciabatta rolls with lettuce.
- 150g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 450g of beef rump steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 of round lettuce, leaves torn
- 90g of Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 medium onion (approx 185g), thinly sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Serves: 4
- Course: Lunch
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Price per person: £2.20
- Store cupboard: Basic
- Calories per serving: 521
- 5-a-day per serving: 0.7
- Print Recipe
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the steak strips and mustard and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Split and lightly toast the ciabattas. Divide the steak mix between the bases of the ciabatta rolls. Sprinkle with the Gruyere, add the tomatoes and lettuce, finish with the ciabatta tops and serve immediately.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)