Leek & Mushroom Risotto
A low-maintenance creamy risotto, cooked slowly in a slow cooker.
- 250g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium leek (approx 260g), finely sliced
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), finely chopped
- 300g of Arborio risotto rice
- 80g of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 15g margarine/butter (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Serves: 4
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 130 mins
- Price per person: £1.03
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 449
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.2
- Print Recipe
- Preheat the slow cooker, if necessary. Heat 15g (1 tbsp) margarine/butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, leek and garlic for 5-6 minutes, or until soft. Add the risotto rice (stirring well to coat the rice in the oil and butter) and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it becomes slightly translucent.
- Transfer the rice mixture to the slow cooker and stir in the mushrooms and stock. Cook on medium for 2 hours, or until the rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Slow cooking times vary according to the appliance you use. Our cooking time is based on this 170w Morphy Richards slow cooker.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)