Home-made Pancetta & Mushroom Pizza
A delicious pizza topped with pancetta, mushrooms and mozzarella and served with home-baked foccacia bread.
- 4 closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50g of sliced smoked pancetta, chopped
- 1 small onion (approx 110g), finely chopped
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 227g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 145g sachet of pizza base mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Serves: 2
- Course: Main Course
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 40 mins
- Oven temp: 200c
- Price per person: £1.78
- Store cupboard: Typical
- Calories per serving: 548
- 5-a-day per serving: 1.6
- Print Recipe
- To make the tomato sauce, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and 1 garlic clove for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil and gently simmer, stirring regularly, for 8-10 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to break down and the sauce develops a thicker consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pizza dough according to the packet instructions. Set aside one-third of the dough for the foccacia bread.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it is roughly 30cm across and 5mm thick. Transfer to a baking tray and evenly spoon on the tomato sauce. Arrange the mushrooms, pancetta and mozzarella on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough for the foccacia bread into a 1/2cm thick oval. Use your fingers to make rows of indentations in the dough. Transfer to a baking tray and brush with 1 tbsp oil, sprinkle with the rosemary and season well with salt.
- Bake the pizza and foccacia bread in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the pancetta and pizza crust are crisp and the foccacia bread is golden.
Add a comment
Tried this recipe? Why not add a comment below and let us know what you thought of it. (You need a Facebook, Hotmail, AOL or Yahoo account to add a comment.)